Future Farmhouse Update

It's been a while since I shared any updates on our soon to be Farmhouse. The floor plan has changed once again, but this time will be the last major change. Fingers crossed. Right now the rough sketch is with a good friend and he is putting it into a program that will give us a 3D rendering, so we can get a better idea then just a flat drawing. After that we will wait for the weather to warm up a bit and then we will spray paint the floor plan on the actual house site. 

In the meantime, I've been going crazy on Pinterest. I have turned my original Farmhouse Inspiration board into individual boards, so I can really narrow my focus to the individual rooms and how I want each of them to feel. Here is a quick peak of some of the main living spaces. 

The main point of entry to the house will be through our Mudroom. I've been in love with this mudroom ever since I saw it years ago on HGTV's Sarah's House. I know this is going to make me sound like a total weirdo, but I already have the drapery fabric and will be picking up the rug in a few weeks. To view her whole Farmhouse click here.




Sarah's Farmhouse also is the inspiration for my kitchen. I love the neutral color scheme and the touch of yellow. It's so cheerful. 



Here is the inspiration for the Dining Room. I love the substantial size of the table, the mis-matched chairs the fun light fixture. Here is a link to view this picture and others by Lia Griffith.



 One of the things that I look forward to the most in having this new home is the ability to entertain. The kitchen and dining room will both me major gathering places for our family.

In the coming weeks I'll share the inspiration photos for the other rooms. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips