Farmhouse Kitchen

This past week my husband and I met with a good friend who is helping us with our floor plan. We are getting closer to having a final draft, but there are a few kinks that we are working out and one of those is the Kitchen.

I love to cook and entertain, so I want to make sure we get this room perfect. In order to get an idea of whether or not our current floor plan works, we headed to IKEA to get a better understanding of what I want in a Kitchen and the trip was extremely helpful.

The moment my husband and I saw it we both knew it was perfect. We loved everything about it: the color, the cabinets, the island, the cook top and the lighting. I've always known that I wanted gray cabinetry with white subway tile and stainless steel appliances and this Kitchen has it all. 

I took several pictures that day, but unfortunately they didn't turn out very well do to lighting. I was able to find some similar pictures on IKEA's website.  


Image from IKEA.com

Image from IKEA.COM

In the demo Kitchen at the store they used different lighting over the island and I liked this other option much better. So much that we went ahead and picked two of these lamps up.


Another thing that I loved about this kitchen is how well it will go with some European fabric I bought several years back after seeing Sarah Richardson use it in her farmhouse. 


Isn't it gorgeous? Now if only we were ready to start building. 

As we get the floor plan finalized I'll make sure and post it here, so stay tuned. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips