Favorite Pins Friday

Hey Y'all! TGIF.

As I had mentioned earlier this week, my husband and I have finally settled on a floor plan for our future farmhouse. It's a simple plan, but one that I think will suite our family well.

Now that we have a floor plan, I am starting to dream of all the rooms and what they will look like. For me the heart of any home is the kitchen. Growing up a lot of my fondest childhood memories took place in the kitchen. Whether it was making cookies with my mom, or dying Easter Eggs, or helping my grandma can homemade grape jelly. So many wonderful times were spent in kitchen.

Since our floor plan has a very open kitchen, dining room and living room, I want to make sure that the designs of those room work well together. One night as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I remembered my favorite episode of Season 2 of Fixer Upper was the "Dutch Door" episode. Here are a few of my favorite pins from this episode.

This portion of the "Dutch House" is similar to our floor plan in the fact that the dining room table is right in front of the kitchen. These two areas flow very well and have a seamless transition.

I absolutely adore the beauty of the wooden beams and the crisp white of the kitchen, along with the classic black soap stone counter tops.  This kitchen is timeless and could easily be accented with any other color.
 

I also love the white subway back splash with black grout. I had always thought that white grout was a best choice for white subway tile, but the black just makes the tile pop!


I also love the stainless steel appliances and range hood.


This view of the kitchen give you a different vantage point of the rest of the open concept floor plan. Similar to our floor plan, you can see the dining room and living room from the kitchen. I love the wall color that Joanna used and the classic white trim details.

 
 
Here is a better view of the dining room. I love the French doors and wish that we could incorporate them into our design, but these would be large windows in our home.
 


The Living Room is also very timeless and classic. I love the neutral color of the floors and furniture. My design taste tends to change quickly. I really enjoy decorating and updating home accents with the seasons. The neutral background would give me the flexibility to do that. 
 
 
 
I loved so many different areas of this home and I will save those for another day.
 
If by some crazy chance you haven't seen HGTV's Fixer Upper and you don't know who Chip & Joanna Gaines are, then run to you DVR and set it to tape Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm CST.
 
 
All images are from HGTV.com and the house can be viewed in it's entirety here.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips