Living Room Update

Hey Y'all...long time, no see. Back in July, I started giving our Living Room an update new furniture, new wall color, new curtains and we finally got around to hanging the rest of the trim. We've been in our house for almost 12 year now and this room has changed several times, but this will be the last. You see, we are planning on putting our little house on the market in 2016, so I needed a nice neutral look that would show well and I got it!

Over the last year, I have found myself drawn to more neutral palettes and the warmth and coziness they bring. I've shared a couple of my inspiration pins awhile back and I couldn't be more pleased with how the space turned out.


We added a new sofa,throw pillows from H&M, as well as Pottery Barn, a cozy faux fur throw from World Market, a new coffee table, drapes from Target and this over-sized tray from DecorSteals. 


All of the items on this wall were pieces that I already had, but I just arranged them in a different way.


This beautiful sign was a custom design from House of Belonging. Although the words are simple they are full of truth and something I aspire to. 


On the other side of the room is a beautiful sign by Between You & Me. Tara Lowry makes the amazing signs that you see Joanna Gaines use on Fixer Upper. This one is the song lyrics of "Below My Feet" by Mumford and Sons. This sign is very large but I love it. 


This last photo shows the chair from Target that we added last minute. Before the update we had a sofa and love seat and although the new sofa is larger than the previous one, we were still short on seating. I'd love to add another one of these chairs, but unfortunately we don't have the space.  

I'm so happy that I made the choice to go with a neutral color scheme for the Living Room and I've even carried it over into the majority of our home. I'll share pictures of the other rooms in future posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips