Favorite Pin Friday- Neutral Living Room

Happy Friday! Today I want to start out with a confession, I am notorious for wanting to redecorate my living room on a regular basis and to be honest, I just got tried of it. Part of the problem was the fact that none of our furniture was cohesive and that made me very restless. We had a green and ivory plaid chenille sofa, a bright turquoise coffee table and mismatched artwork. It was a hot mess to say the least.  I was overwhelmed and needed a clean slate.

I have been inspired by a few of my favorite instagram accounts to make a transition to a more neutral color palette in my home. So I did what all people who want to be inspired do...I headed to Pinterest.  

Here are the photos I chose for inspiration.

This first one is from one of my favorite Instragram accounts, In All These Things. Lissa actually blogs over at Keep It Simple, Keep It Fresh.



This photo has so many elements that I love, the mixture of neutral pillows, the warm white wall color and the wooden coffee table.

These next two examples are some that I found on Pinterest.



I love the textures in the is photo, especially the fur throw. How cozy is that!



I have often thought of my style of decorating as Modern Country and I think this is a great example of it.

After I had gathered these inspiration photos I started shopping. We purchased a new sofa in a beautiful neutral truffle color, a wood and metal coffee table and new drapes. I'll post some pictures of the progress we have made so far, but we still have a little wise to go.

I'd love to hear any feedback you might have, so please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips