Meals on Monday- Breakfast

Did your mother or grandmother ever tell you that Breakfast was the most important part of the day? As I am on my weight loss journey, I am realizing that when I eat a good healthy breakfast, I am more likely to stay on track for the remainder of the day. When I skip breakfast or don't have a plan, then I tend to make unhealthy choices at lunch and dinner.

With that being said, I thought I would share a few healthy breakfast  recipes with you.

First we will start with my favorite on the go breakfast. 

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake


Image is of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Shake, 
but the recipe is the same minus the candy pieces

Here's the recipe:


  • 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
  • 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey and I love it)
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 to 6 stevia packets
  • 3/4 cup to 1 cup water (alter according to desired consistency)
  • 8 - 12 ice cubes 
1. Put everything in a blender, and blend until creamy consistency is reached. Enjoy!

NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN: 2 servings; 360 calories per serving

( Sometimes I add a banana to the recipe and it literally tastes like one of my favorite milk shakes.) 


Banana Bread Muffins

One of my husbands favorite breakfast items is Banana Bread. His mother has the best recipe, but it is much higher in calories. This is a great way for us to still enjoy banana bread,but with a healthier recipe.  



Strawberry Protein Pancakes with Yogurt Filling

On the weekends, I like to take a little extra time and make something that my girls would really enjoy. They both love pancakes and yogurt and this recipes incorporates both.




If you are interested in the Banana Bread Muffins or the Strawberry Protein Pancakes, I would highly recommend joining Dashing Dishes subscription site. It's only $5.00 a month and has some fantastic recipes. 

Here's a quick update on where I stand on my weight loss journey. I am currently down about 5 pounds and really proud of my accomplishments so far. I have gotten a little off track for the last week or so, but I am making a real point to get back on track this week.  

It's a journey not a race. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips